[Xmca-l] Re: Hope and Despair as a "blues Hope In Morten Nissen's Ethical Prototype

Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:58:27 PST 2015

Larry, I noticed this too.

Try substituting "hope" for "mission", "goal", "purpose" ,"object", etc in Activity theory, as in, the system is defined by its purpose.

Try "The system is defined by its hope."  The meanings overlap enough to spring Activity theory free of its rather mechanical and technological aura.

Andy uses "project" to give us another pespective on acitivity systems, so-called, and now Nissen proposes "hope."

Good enough for me.

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com