[Xmca-l] Re: Nissen on working with youth

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:39:53 PST 2015

Andy,
In the way Nissen asked about the transfer of meaning from conscience to
consciousness to conscientization as modelled and travelling across
traditions, I wonder if "a" collective motive may have a shared "image".
Is it possible that "a" motive that is collective is also a motive that is
"figured". The singularity of the collective motive as a project to be
"embodied" is a metaphor and therefore an image.  In bringing the
shared motive to actuality [being embodied]this act must be envisioned as
possible.

Andy you wrote, "figured world is just a field of individual competition
for rewards"

and this may be the standard meaning of the concept "figured world".

I was using the term "figured" [ personal sense] as being collectively
imagined and therefore participating in collective motives actualizing
"worlds". [personal sense]  How this personal sense becomes "meaning" which
is expressing collective motive is what I was attempting to indicate. This
"place" of empowerment involving recognition as participating in recognized
collectives.

The main reason I posted to was acknowledge Nissen's understanding of
"collectives" and "prototypical" as helping to expand my understanding
beyond personal sense to shared meaning.

Larry