[Xmca-l] Re: Thoughts on culture & liberty

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:26:14 PST 2015

I accidently sent and will finish the fragment.

AND what makes the him *"really" *him is what we are mainly focussing on
discovering. For Hegel that has something to do with reason and thereby
with the establishment of mutuality.

We discover [on this expressive model] something about his intention *in
acting* to express the work, or acting  to alter the work *in the acting*.
This expressive model posits something not possible "on" the
reasons-functioning-as -causes model.

Therefore as I understand Pippen, he is reading Hegel as situating freedom
within mutual expression. Not standards or rules but places of mutual
expression leading to recognition.