[Xmca-l] Re: Thoughts on culture & liberty

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Tue Feb 10 04:48:07 PST 2015

There is not a racial take in weber ' s conceptualization.  Weber is looking at the sociohistorical evolution of how religious (cultural) ideas gave rise to capitalism in the west and not elsewhere.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

wrote:

> Huw,
>
> If max weber is correct, in terms of the protestant ethic giving rise to
> the spirit of capitalism and the ever-increasing rationalization of western
> society, "it make sense to describe a
> dogmatic society, or a[n] institution run by administrators, as a
> [socioreligious] culture!"

Do you mean the protestant work ethic, Paul?  Perhaps you (or Weber) are
conflating protestant with WASP?

Huw