[Xmca-l] Re: Verismo and Kitsch

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:20:13 PST 2015

Hi Annalisa,
So on this thread you question therapies, in favor of dramatic art. Are all therapies kitsch? On the other thread, Larry questions “Standards”. Are all standards kitsch? Some standards? Put another way, what therapies, what standards satisfy the quality of verismo? Could this question fall within the domain of the ZPD? (I am thinking of the ZPD as Seth Chaiklin understands it, it’s complex.) I am interested in learning and development not just in the classroom, but in all contexts, including in therapy and in the theater.
Henry