[Xmca-l] Re: Activity theory

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Sun Feb 8 18:25:20 PST 2015

Thanks mike...in the paper I refer to you as an activity/praxis theorists, which represents a neo-Marxist interpretation of vygotskyian psychology...i hope that is an adequate representation of your work...

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

etc.  I greatly admire the work of Sahlins and the others you mention as
well. There are clear connections to ideas of Habermas as well as Foucault.
I employ that at various places in my work, but mostly in the domain of
instruction in the Communication Department, and rarely in writing.

The thing about autodidacts is that they tend to appear outrageously
eclectic to the cognisenti. Which provides many occasions for
enlightenment! :-)

At a another level of analysis, the work of Kenneth Burke seems important
to me.

mike

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Dr. Paul C. Mocombe <pmocombe@mocombeian.com

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.