[Xmca-l] Re: Kant's Imagination

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Thu Dec 10 09:55:55 PST 2015

Hi Andy and others,

How could Hegel know there is nothing there?

Who is there being the one who is saying I know nothing is there (as the Final Turtle)?

There is a big difference between saying I know I can't know and I know nothing is there.

One is a stance of humility, one not, because if one says one knows, that's taking a transcendental POV that is impossible to do, which is different than imagining a transcendental POV.

What I'd like to explore however, is not to try to persuade anyone what Being is, since I know I can't know what it is, but what are the ethical implications that derive from saying nothing is there and knowing it's impossible to know.

I do know that Hegel had contentions with Kant, but I haven't looked at that as of yet.

Also, I still need to read the Hegel's imagination thread. I hope to do that today.

Kind regards,

Annalisa