[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination or Fantasy (Vedanta)

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Tue Dec 8 12:19:22 PST 2015

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by darshans. I've not heard the word used in the way you are using it.

It's OK. I'm not trying to present myself as an expert or as a representative of "the East." I am only trying to employ some ideas as a means to getting out of the straightjacket of Cartesian, dualist thinking, that's all.

My suggestions are not the only way to do that, of course, just one I'm exploring.

I'm also exploring how these ideas coincide with "Western" philosophy, another grab bag of ideas with various cultural flavors and perspectives.

I just thought it would be odd that I examine all Indian "philosophies" in order to make my comparisons. Sorry if I seemed reactive.

Perhaps what is getting confused here is the difference between "is" and "ought"?

Kind regards,

Annalisa