[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination or Fantasy (Vedanta)

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Dec 7 19:29:22 PST 2015

Hi Ed,

It just occurred to me that you might mean the 6 means of knowledge (pramana).

I can't know for sure, but there are 6 means of knowledge discussed when discussing how knowledge takes place.

First means is perception.
Second is inference.
Third is presumption.
Fourth is comparison.
Fifth is non-apprehension, or absence.
Sixth is testimony.

So I thought maybe this might be what you meant?

It occurs to me just now that in all 6 examples I might offer that there is a kind of overlapping going on, along with an imagination. In each example, however, I think overlap happens a little bit differently.

Kind regards,

Annalisa