[Xmca-l] Re: speed of political action

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Fri Aug 28 18:47:54 PDT 2015

Indeed, Huw.
After the Operation had been cancelled and the Press
Conference cancelled, the Union representing the "Border
Force" was on the radio pleading for people to understand
that the Border Force officers were just ordinary men and
women who had gone to work in the Customs or Immigration
Services and were not equipped to do this kind of work and
would people please not treat them so badly. "Border Force"
was created by the Abbott government soon after they got
elected on a "Stop the Boats" slogan by amalgamating the
Customs and Immigration services and putting them under an
Army General, a transparent piece of militaristic posturing!
Even Australian voters who can be easily fooled by this kind
of charade have become tired by sabre rattling and
"Commander in Chief" posturing which has gone on for 2 years
now.
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/