[Xmca-l] Re: speed of political action

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Fri Aug 28 08:19:11 PDT 2015

Thanks for good news!

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 1:44 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] speed of political action

I must share this with my xmca friends.
This morning the government launched an operation which is to my mind the kind of thing which could only happen in Korea of the Southern states of the US: The newly created Border Force was to conduct a campaign of spot checks on people in the streets of central Melbourne, checking people's "papers". By morning rush hour time a demonstration had been mounted at the main railway station, and now in late afternoon is blocking off public transport in and our of the city, the move was soon all over social media and I am told the would-be police-state move had to be called off.
It would have taken a month to get a counter demo. up over this in my days, but the opposition moved faster than the police!

Andy