[Xmca-l] speed of political action

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Aug 27 22:44:02 PDT 2015

I must share this with my xmca friends.
This morning the government launched an operation which is
to my mind the kind of thing which could only happen in
Korea of the Southern states of the US: The newly created
Border Force was to conduct a campaign of spot checks on
people in the streets of central Melbourne, checking
people's "papers". By morning rush hour time a demonstration
had been mounted at the main railway station, and now in
late afternoon is blocking off public transport in and our
of the city, the move was soon all over social media and I
am told the would-be police-state move had to be called off.
It would have taken a month to get a counter demo. up over
this in my days, but the opposition moved faster than the
police!

Andy