[Xmca-l] Re: Hiroshima and us

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:10:02 PDT 2015

Please post this on XMCA:

Message from Francine:

Reflecting on the bye gone days before an atomic bomb (or incendiary bombing) could kill
70,000 people at one day - yes it did take the Japanese in WWII six weeks to kill  300,000 Chinese in 1937 in the Rape of Nanking, weeks to kill 100,000 civilian Philippine civilians in 1945 in the Rape of Manila and 100,000 civilian in 1942 in the Rape of Singapore. Total estimate of civilians and prisoners of war killed by the Japanese in WWII is from 3 million to 10 million people (it is called the Asian Holocaust). This figure does not include those soldiers killed in combat fighting the Japanese Army.

This does not diminish the tragic suffering and loss of life in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Tokyo.

When entire cities are 'raped' for weeks not destroyed in one day is the suffering any less?