[Xmca-l] A better Ebola suit

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Tue Apr 7 22:03:07 PDT 2015

Hi everyone!

(I posted this also to LCHC so apologies to those on both lists - it truly inspired me!)

This was a great story on the PBS News Hour about collaboration and design to make a better Ebola suit for medical teams.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/fashioning-better-ebola-suit/

Apparently the Grand Challenge is a wide appeal to novices and experts alike to help come up with solutions!Vygotsky (and design) in action!

Kind regards,

Annalisa

?

Here's some additional links:

http://www.usaid.gov/grandchallenges/ebola?

http://www.ebolagrandchallenge.net/

[http://static1.squarespace.com/static/544f992fe4b065b8cc7b6ad3/544f9af5e4b0ab8e341fe599/544fed25e4b0f5f55c910723/?format=1000w]<http://www.ebolagrandchallenge.net/>

Fighting Ebola: A Grand Challenge for Development
We are calling on the global community to share pioneering ideas that deliver practical and cost-effective innovations in a matter of months. Regardless of background, experience or knowledge of Ebola, your bold thinking is necessary to address this crisis, to improve delivery of care, and stem the spread of disease.   USAID is partnering with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the United States Department of Defense to launch Fighting Ebola: a Grand Challenge for Development.  Fighting Ebola is based on three pillars
Read more...<http://www.ebolagrandchallenge.net/>?