[Xmca-l] Re: The history of science fiction and imagined worlds

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:40:25 PDT 2014

Fascinating
David, your comment:

"and the rationalist belief in the inflexible, innate laws of grammar"

can be placed alongside Peirce's comment:
"The scientific imagination DREAMS of explanations and laws"

For Peirce the origin of new ideas and scientific hypothesis were
particulary important questions. Peirce was not a romanticist, as he wanted
to produce a harmony of creativity and logic and in order to find this
harmony Peirce reformulated logic in a radical way.
He composed the *logic of relatives* a new logic of interpretation which
allowed for the change and growth of SYSTEMS of thought..

There seems to be a play of *transversals* that involves science fiction
Larry