[Xmca-l] Re: The history of science fiction and imagined worlds

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:57:01 PDT 2014

Greg,
Thanks for this adjunct that highlights the imaginal.
Charles Peirce played with the concept *interpretive musings* but he also
explored *abduction*.
Here is a quote from Robert Corrigan on this theme.
"For Peirce ideas are leading ideas [orientation] that could emerge out of
creative and free associations. His technical term for this LARGER species
of ideation is *abduction* As opposed to deduction and induction ideas CAN
LEAP BEYOND the current data.
[EXCESS]