[Xmca-l] Re: in the eye of the beholder

Lubomir Savov Popov lspopov@bgsu.edu
Mon Sep 22 12:14:17 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Miguel put forward an interesting question: "But what happens when epistemological questions (and debates) are made secondary, in a dialectical sense, and we privilege metaphysical-ethical ways of being-knowing?"

When we privilege ethical ways of knowing, we might be engaging in ideologizing. Ideology is also a knowledge production system, just not a science system of knowledge production. The same can be attributed to religion, myth, and art, and other systems of knowledge production. Just to clarify, the main social function of these systems might not be knowledge production; however, they also have such outcomes as well.

Best wishes,

Lubomir

Lubo