[Xmca-l] Re: Foucault

Robert Lake boblake@georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Sep 19 09:39:56 PDT 2014

Dear Helena and Henry,
You have so clearly described why I asked Henry about
writing his experiences from the 60's down.  There is
a middle ground,  a third space or what Maxine Greene
called the dialectic of freedom. If there is not such a
book as you describe, then one should be written.
*Robert Lake*
And concerning hope, listen to Cornel West.

*Those who have never despaired have neither lived nor loved. Hope is *
*inseparable from despair. Those of us who truly hope make despair a
constant *
*companion whom we outwrestle every day owing to our commitment to *
*justice, love, and hope" *(West, 2008, p. 185).
 *Hope on a tightrope: Words & wisdom*. Carlesbad, CA. Smiley Books