[Xmca-l] Re: Spinoza on xmca

Henry G. Shonerd III hshonerd@gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:46:43 PDT 2014

Larry,
It will take me a while to decode what you have said about Merleau-Ponty, but I was thinking about Noise as a metaphor much like an "ether" that inhabits the universe. Humor inhabits an engaged classroom (Marzano). Everything is, to some extent, tongue in cheek. Regarding sensation, what about chronic pain? How do you take that with a light touch? Kabat-Zinn and Mindfulness advocates have taken that on in collaboration with UMass Hospital: hopeless cases, yet the patients are often actually able to find relief not available through Western medicine. So, even with pain, there are culturally-fashioned tools to deal with it. Also, on Merleau-Ponty, check out: Body Memory, Metaphor and Movement, Sabine C. Koch, Thomas Fuchs, Michela Summa
http://books.google.com/books?id=_ShHwxMuU1AC&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=dual+simulation+luria&source=bl&ots=zttYqIULQv&sig=wD44qQiaJ9Sx3plLi3EgMqEBLIs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PjwJVPWqDob8yQTTroKABA&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAQ - v=onepage&q=dual simulation luria&f=false

Henry