[Xmca-l] Re: Spinoza on xmca

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:26:16 PDT 2014

Peter,

I was fascinated with this extension of my quick impusive reflection. In
particular this phrase you wrote:

 Even more: Serres has set himself the task of being a means of
communication (a medium) between the sciences
and the arts - the Hermes of modern scholarships.

What I find so intriquing is the PERSONAL reference [or personifying
imaginal configuration]  This SENS [sense AND direction] to BE/BECOME *a
medium* that is not *subjective* or a *reductio* to the interior individual
but rather is a movement of EXCESS.  Calling us BEYOND [and in THAT sense
transcending our fixation on the reduction [or abstraction] of either the
sciences or the arts.
Yes *the trickster* as a personifying image [THE medium] by CHOICE [or
disposition] .

Is Serres  project the *even more* of your commen hubris or *channeling*??
THIS opens up what Merleau-Ponty referred to as an *ontological
rehabilitation*.  THROUGH *expressive cognition* [communication as medium]
we share in this EXCESS [contrasted with reductio]
Poetic rhetoric AND ratio/analysis BOTH expressed in our *sayings*
channeled as personal mediums.

Just wondering. Will have to read Serres as continuing in the tradition of
the *trickster*

Larry