[Xmca-l] Re: Nate's new webpage on Vygotsky

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:18:36 PDT 2014

The comparison of the different forms of dialogicality IS interesting, Ed,
at least to me. At present I fear that the leading Bakhtinians among us
have moved on to other forums, so not sure who will be reading or is
interested.

I regretted their acceptance of the scaffolding metaphor. I really believe
it is misleading in important ways, as easily as it comes to mind
(including my own). But its one of those topics that while it has been
around for a long time (early 1980's at least, not long after Wood, Bruner,
et al started using the term), gets no traction.
mike