[Xmca-l] Re: The mirror has two candles

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 08:15:34 PDT 2014

Here's an example memory paper abstract by Sereda (2011), titled "A
Theoretical Model of Memory
as a Mechanism for Systematically Organizing Individual Experience"

"In order to improve the explanatory potential of activity theory, this
article
proposes a theoretical model of human memory as a mechanism for
the systematic organization of individual experience, organization that
is an essential condition for performing future activity. The model rests
on the idea that the main factor in human memory is the motivational
and semantic sets of personality and thus orientation toward the future
(prospective orientation)."

The storehouse metaphor as used in psychology merely reflects a rather poor
approach.

Best,
Huw