[Xmca-l] Re: The Ideal

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:10:38 PDT 2014

Andy, thanks for your clarification of the existing of the ideal AS exchanged [ex -expression / change -transformation] WITHIN a particular tradition. The Marxist and Hegelian tradition . THIS tradition was also present in the vygotskian tradition.

I want to respond [as part of THIS expression/transformation exchange] with my ex-tensions [expressive tensions]. IN Peirce's tradition I would say my interpretants.

I am playing with being [is] AND resemblance [as]

The ideal AS presence EXISTING. WHERE IS the ideal EXISTING as presence? IN the Marxist-Hegelian TRADITION. In this TYPE of ex-change [interpretants AS existing]

It would be TRUE to SAY [exchange] THE [indexical] *ideal of democracy* EXISTS within US political LIFE [as living presence] WHERE does THIS ideal exist?

IN all the RHETORIC.

IN all the LEGISLATION.

THIS ideal IS  present IN the surroundings. [Gadamer would say IN the horizons]

THAT [indexical] ideal EXISTS *AS* an immanent TENDENCY [movement direction *sens* ]

WHERE? IN the *foundations* of THE republic [AS ANOTHER ideal or interpreting]

This ideal is NOT a *fiction*.

 I intuitively want to explore this opposition and explore ex-tensions of the meaning [and presence/absence] of *fiction* in relation to THE *true*] - through OTHER traditions.

SO

something [existing] LIKE a MODEL [something RESEMBLING a model but NOT identical to *A* model] IS the most powerful EXISTING [and the most obvious EXISTING] 8*manifestation* [coming into being] of THE [indexical] *ideal* [AS truth not fiction]

THE  model is NOT identical [equal] to THE [indexical] ideal AS existing. [as an EXISTING interpretant .

THE model is NOT the beginning and end of THE ideal. THE model EXISTS in *relation* TO the ideal as interpretant.[BOTH the model AND the ideal EXIST.

IN the ABSENCE of a model [which is derived or abstracted from the ideal] the ideal STILL EXISTS. [is true] The ideal IS present in its presence.

BUT WHERE is THIS [indexical] ideal existent as an interpreting.

ANSWER: IN  [or within] any LIVING community. THE community [as cases] ex-press

[exchange AS expression transformation]

LIVING formations THROUGH ideals [interpretants that EXIST] ARE the WAY living exchanges are manifest AS *extensions* [exchanging tensions]  THIS exchanging presence through dialectic AND dialogue [not either/or but BOTH/and possibly other ex-tensions]

My impressions as I was *reading* ANDY’S ex-change deepening the exploration of Leontiev's re-visioning Vygotsky's exploration of *experience* as a possible unity of subject and object WITHIN THIS particular tradition

Larry

Sent from Windows Mail