[Xmca-l] Re: units of analysis?

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Oct 13 17:51:09 PDT 2014

I think that street kids and child soldiers, etc., like the oldest child
in Vygotsky's case study, are kids who have been thrust into the adult
world developmentally before their time. To accept that there is no
fixed and firm line between the child's world and the wider world in
which adults make a living, marry, raise children, vote and fight wars
is not to deny the existence of the distinction.
In any case, whatever you or I think, Vygotsky (who knew plenty of
street kids) used this distinction.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/