[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Sun Oct 12 09:46:45 PDT 2014

Jean Lave once told me about a convention that developed among faculty at UC Irvine, where there were many interdisciplinary programs. It was this: that one could not, or should not, make reference to a text or its author unless one could at the same time offer a summary of the argument of that text. Over the years I've found that very sage.

Martin