[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Fri Oct 10 18:49:43 PDT 2014

Martin,

I would suggest that they are semiotic in John Searles theory of speech act, but not austin's.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

conversation on xmca, it seemed like I might be thinking with words, but i
was not articulating and someone might even claim that it was all a jumble
of sense and meaning anyway. Would this be inconsistent with the belief
that both acting and thinking are semiotic in character?
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.