[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Fri Oct 10 07:01:39 PDT 2014

On the contrary. It was quite explicit.
The first slide showed two columns. On the left were the were the
Russian and German words for "personal meaning" and the inadequate
English word, sense, on the right the Russian and German words for
objective or public meaning and the inadequate English word, meaning.
The next slide illustrated this dualism graphically with public and
private domains represented.
The whole point was the Cartesian problem of the relation between the two.
It seems that the word "dualism" is not a "dirty word" where he comes
from, and the idea of theorising social change, which was a theme of 2
of the 4 keynote speeches, was also not a priority for him.

His Oral presentation (immediately after mine on the Thursday) was
devoted to representation of the autoregulation processes of social and
psychological systems.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/