[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance [Language as a form]

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Thu Nov 27 04:04:00 PST 2014

I think this is right, Huw. There are approaches to consciousness that study its basis in neurobiology and the body, and there are approaches that study its internal organization, as a system in which memory, perception, and so on play a role. Each of us has first-person access to our own consciousness, but to study the consciousness of other people we have to reconstruct it 'from without,' based on the traces that it leaves.

Martin