[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Mon Nov 24 05:29:30 PST 2014

Andy, from where do you obtain this distinction between 'matter' and 'material'? Are we dealing here with two distinct words in Russian? Do you have any evidence that LSV draws such a distinction? One, of course, is an adjective and the other is a noun. But why would anyone apply the adjective to anything to which the noun would not also apply.

Martin