[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sun Nov 23 16:33:02 PST 2014

Hi Samuel,

I'm inclined to agree that that is a copout because it doesn't explain how we interpret (meaning from outside) or how we imagine (meaning from inside). If I'm allowed to use "inside/outside" as a construct in this discussion! :)

Meaning is form, in the sense that form arises in time and space with a dependency upon material, but it is also use, if something isn't used in time and space, it loses meaning. And that's why we can have ancient pyramids and not have a clue what they mean.

And yes! there is inherent in our experience a necessity to struggle with ontology. I think it goes with the territory.

It's turtles all the way down in the end.

Kind regards,

Annalisa