[Xmca-l] Re: Objectivity of mathematics

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:23:41 PST 2014

My reading of Luis' "two cents" is that in order to empower students it is
necessary to foster an engagement with the objectivity described.  That, to
me, seems to be all about problem solving, i.e. discerning 'rationally'
important details of situations and determining what should be done in
relation to them.  I am surmising that such problem solving goes
hand-in-hand with a wider appreciation of that 'rationality'.

Best,
Huw