[Xmca-l] Re: Objectivity of mathematics

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 5 19:15:02 PST 2014

Exactly, Ed.

"Spontaneously" I was driving along and found myself of thinking about
number lines and
"a minus times a minus equals a plus. And for maybe the first time, sitting
on a freeway in a car, I actually could arrive easily at the conclusion,
"of course" without driving off the road or into another car. In the
nonlinear way that meaning develops, I groked it and could have, at that
moment, explained why on xmca.

All very interesting. Makes one almost wish for traffic to sit in from time
to time..... :-)
mike