[Xmca-l] Re: L2

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Mon Nov 3 10:10:04 PST 2014

Adam,

Are you referring here to the way that until a L2 is automatized it requires deliberate control? I get home tired at the end of the say because when I'm speaking Spanish I do so with deliberate awareness - I have to will the utterances to emerge. I have the L2 resources available in some form, but I need to actively deploy them at all levels, whereas in L1 the lexicogrammar takes care of itself.

Martin