[Xmca-l] Re: units of mathematics education

Ed Wall ewall@umich.edu
Sat Nov 1 19:45:18 PDT 2014

Something like this - i.e. lack of formal arithmetic until 7th - (although the details are a little unclear) was done in the US in the 1920s by a Louis Benezet. My impression is that he was building on ideas of Dewey.

Ed