[Xmca-l] Re: German experts: erlibnis vs. befindlichkeit?

Ed Wall ewall@umich.edu
Sun Mar 30 15:58:26 PDT 2014

Martin

     Kissel claims that it isn't until Heidigger's Lecture titled Phenomenological Interpretations of Aristotle (1921-22) that he begins to talk much about befindlichkeit so it seems possible there may have been discussions going on before 1927.

      Caputo claims that any phenomenology has a hermeneutical element; however, I am unfamiliar with much naming of Husserl's phenomenology as a hermeneutic phenomenology and I seem to remember that Heidegger later sort of drops discussion of hermeneutic phenomenology which is not taken up much again until Gadamer. Anyway, I would appreciate a reference to Husserl's calling his phenomenology a hermeneutic phenomenology.

Ed