[Xmca-l] Re: German experts: erlibnis vs. befindlichkeit?

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Sun Mar 30 07:11:48 PDT 2014

Hi Greg,

The Russian term used to translate Befindlichkeit seems to be настроенность, nastroennost’. Sein und Zeit was published in 1927; I don't know when it was translated into Russian. (A book by Maryse Dennes suggests that translation was very late:
<http://books.google.com.co/books?hl=en&lr=&id=mFEbRNqqfKEC&oi=fnd&pg=PA7&dq=maryse+dennes&ots=kkAXTFNUHw&sig=Dg8fULSIeJ9kd2InipP7E2XSLvk&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Sein%20und%20Zeit&f=false>

Thomas Seifrid (The Word Made Self) claims that Sein und Zeit (Heidegger's first academic publication, I believe) was first reviewed in Russia in 1928. All of which suggests it was pretty late to have influenced Vygotsky.

Martin