[Xmca-l] Re: Positioning and Voice

White, Phillip Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:41:42 PDT 2014

Many thanks, Larry. I'm confused how i missed it - however, in my experience I would answer Jennifer's question in the affirmative. In my experience, again, this is quite positive with primary age students.
Thanks again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: Larry Purss
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:46 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Reply To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Positioning and Voice

Jennifer wrote yesterday,

>From my experience, it was only when I asked students explicitly to take
responsibility for the voices of their peers that I made any headway with
balancing positioning in groups ... and this was with uni students ... can
we ask the same of younger children? ... both that some be more responsible
to share their ideas and other be more responsible to listen and discuss?

Best to all - jen

Phillip, this was the comment that I was exploring further through
expanding towards Bahktin and his understanding of the *object* to be
addressed .
Larry