[Xmca-l] Re: paying journals to publish your work

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Thu Mar 6 15:44:47 PST 2014

Thanks andy...i appreciate the advice...

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

spiders crawling around the internet looking for the names of aspiring
academic authors, you will find that you get swamped every day with
offers to publish your articles and attend "World Congresses" on various
hot topics as well. I have no real iea if anyone reads these journals in
addition to the great excess of legitimate, peer-reviewed journals that
already exist, but I suspect very few. As most universities nowadays
require publication as a condition for having an academic job, I suspect
the authors don't care. But with millions of aspiring authors and the
option of vey cheap short run printing today, its an opportunity for
someone to earn a living. But perhaps I am wrong.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.mira.net/~andy/