[Xmca-l] Re: What Faces Can't Tell Us

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Thu Mar 6 07:38:51 PST 2014

Off topic...does anyone have any experience paying journals to publish their work.  I have had several journals reach out to me.  They claim to be peer-reviewed journals, willing to publish my work for $200.  How legitimate and respected are these journals.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

Race and Class Distinctions within Black Communities
www.routledge.com/9780415714372

-------- Original message --------
From: Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co>
Date:03/06/2014  7:10 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: What Faces Can't Tell Us

But Phillip, this research is saying that we are *not* accurate in recognizing emotions from someone's facial expression! The focus of the article is how poor people's performance was once Ekman's task was modified. The last line, for example, says it all:  "the face isn’t telling the whole story."

Martin