[Xmca-l] Re: Question on Developing Empathy

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 10:42:15 PST 2014

Hello Robert

That was a truly moving episode. Thank you for sharing that.  That was
definitely an epiphany for Darren.  The  young mother opened up the
possibilities for self-discovery and a chance to make  explicit a profound
insight about his own situation.

I am working in Namibia at the moment, and there was an article in the
paper about a similar situation. Yesterday a man (stepfather) killed his
wife in front of her son (4).  While he was stabbing her  (head, eyes,
neck)with two knives, the little boy was trying to get him to stop by
stabbing the murderer  with a kitchen knife in his thigh, shouting "stop
killing my mother !".  I wonder what life will deliver this little boy in
the future.

Carol

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)