[Xmca-l] Playing with/at TED

Lois Holzman lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
Wed Jun 18 17:03:45 PDT 2014

Hi All,
Peter kindly posted a link to a talk I gave last month at a TEDx event—TEDxNavesink Play.
Aside from the prep being among the hardest things I've ever done (staying within their rules and structure, not being academic but saying something new for people to think about, and more), it was a delight to be with folks who appreciate and value play—many of whom are affording people in their communities with the opportunity to play in all kinds of ways. It was really growthful for me and my team. I was really pleased to reconnect with Peter Gray after many years and to meet other good people. The one-day event was organized are 4 P's—possibility, pleasure, progress and paradox. I invite you all to include these talks within your conversation here—even though they're not theoretical. Maybe it's a new kind of play for many.
Lois

Lois Holzman
Director, East Side Institute for Group & Short Term Psychotherapy
104-106 South Oxford Street
Brooklyn, New York 11217
Chair, Global Outreach, All Stars Project, UX
Tel. +1.212.941.8906 x324
Fax +1.718.797.3966
lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
Social Media
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
Blogs
Psychology Today| Psychology of Becoming | ESI Community News
Websites
Lois Holzman | East Side Institute | Performing the World
All Stars Project