[Xmca-l] Re: theory not

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Jun 16 17:40:08 PDT 2014

Sobering reading, especially interesting to read the views of editors
from a very different scientific tradition.
The type of non-theory manuscript I have found very disappointing in our
discipline is typified by one I read recently.
The authors described a case study, which involved no intervention by
the authors, and no pathology: the subject successfully lived through a
challenging period in their life, that's all. The authors simply pinned
high-falutin labels to various events and relations or cited references
to other writers as the story went along. I admit that I was so offended
by the fact that all the labels were garbled and the references
inappropriate, that I had failed to notice that even if the labels had
been correctly applied and teh references appropriate, the paper would
still have been without content!
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/