[Xmca-l] Re: NYTimes.com: Why Do Americans Stink at Math?

Ed Wall ewall@umich.edu
Wed Jul 30 12:46:20 PDT 2014

Katherine

       I think yes to your next to last question. However, what sometimes concerns me (and we are perhaps back to optimism and pessimism) is that looking for a future which may or may not occur seems 'unfair' to the students of today. I'm for thoughtful baby steps (and babies do stumble) now on all fronts and, unlike Carol, I don't yet know the 'right' answer. However, I would like to know (smile).

Ed