[Xmca-l] Re: Electronic version of Luria book

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 22:56:22 PDT 2014

Mike,
I downloaded Luria's book and have finished the introductory first chapter.
It is very clearly outlining the assumption that BOTH  *organization* and
*disorganization* can be re-searched through the same methods. This is in
contrast to difficulties in viewing difficulties in living as the result of
*symptoms* [a form of nominalism as merely *describing* the qualities of
the named symptoms]. as a method of understanding

I would recommend others read Luria's first chapter and his understanding
of *affective* struggles as framed within a notion of *disorganization* of
functional dynamic systems. This orientation as contrasted to an approach
of merely describing *symptoms* to try to understand affective conflicts

Larry