[Xmca-l] Re: The ideal head

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 13:17:35 PDT 2014

Helen--- I cannot get a copy of the whole text here, but the last chapter
of
Luria's *The nature of human conflicts: researches in disorganization of
human behavior *has a discussion of cases very like the one you describe.
Although he is not dealing with the sort of class/power issue central to
your case, the power part is there. The section titled "Experiments with
direct control: Problems of Stimulus and Means.

  *>"Many observations support our view that the consideration of the
voluntary *
*>act as accomplished by "will-power" is a myth and that the human cannot
by *
*>direct force control his behavior any more than "a shadow can carry
stones".*

If someone has a pdf of the chapter it would be helpful, I believe.

mike