[Xmca-l] Gee, Knowledge, Intelligence and Affinity Spaces

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:52:28 PDT 2014

I just had a great conversation on Google+ I thought that many of you could
help expand our thinking.

We were discussing Gee's defining characteristics of Afffinity Spaces. In
his first description (2004) Gee defined many types of knowledge:
individual, dispersed, tacit, intensive and extensive.

Yet in his recent book, Miseducation Era affinity spaces are only defined
in terms of intelligences and there are not as many types.

We settled on the idea that perhaps JOPG was shooting for intelligence to
be knowledge and doing to distinguish you cannot really know without action.

Anyone else have an opinion on the linguistic shift?
--
J. Gregory McVerry, PhD
Assistant Professor