[Xmca-l] Re: book of possible interest

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:41:08 PDT 2014

Hi Helena,

What is wrong with it, I believe, is that you're describing or presenting
an image of the theory, rather than engaging the subject in the theory.  As
long as its clear that that is what you're doing, then no problem.  This is
the same point I was making about TED.
On naming, I recall discussing, in usual dry humour, my preference for
naming CHAT something like Vygotskian-Sicilian Defence Dragon Variation
(referring to a "knife edge" chess variation in which things can get rather
interesting but also rather precarious and in which one's position may come
tumbling down from the faintest of miss-moves.)  CHAT is just too chatty.
Maybe Deyatel'nost' Theory, or Leontyev Theory.  :)
Best,
Huw