[Xmca-l] Re: LSV on language as a model of development

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Jul 3 18:45:19 PDT 2014

I am familiar with Dewey's work on this, Alfredo, and I too have found it
very useful. That was not my problem. But thinking about it, I suspect it
was just an English expression problem.
You said "experience is a unit of doing and undergoing". But I think you
meant to say "experience is a unity of doing and undergoing," which is
certainly true. Just as activity is a unity of consciousness and
behaviour, or identity is a unity of recognition and self-consciousness,
etc.
But a *unit* is something different from *unity*. "Experience" in this
sense is not a unit at all; "an experience" can be a unit, but not a unit
of doing and undergoing.

Is that right, Alfredo?
Andy