[Xmca-l] Re: Public intellectuals

Laure Kloetzer laure.kloetzer@gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 01:28:00 PST 2014

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for your comments. Would you mind explaining in more
details why you expect the imminent catastrophe of annihilation of our
world of scholarship ? I am sure that we all feel a sense of danger and
emergency, but I am not sure that we all have the same things in mind when
we think about these things. I am a "young" scholar (not so young in life,
but young in the academy) and quite surprised, indeed, by what is happening
around, and how people do (not) react. For example in our university, the
administration decided in November to cut the number of hours by 10% this
year, without any concertation, and asked the teachers to choose which
courses should be suppressed and to tell their students - and only 10 out
of more than 300 teachers resisted to this...
Best regards,
LK