[Xmca-l] Re: Watch "Venezuelan Protests: Another Attempt By U.S.-Backed Right-Wing Groups To Oust Elected Government?" on YouTube

David Preiss daviddpreiss@gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:05:32 PST 2014

All I can say is that I am Chilean. My family experienced Pinochet's coup d'etat and knows first hand American Interventionism. We lived a self imposed exile because of that. Allende NEVER used the military to shoot at his people which is what Maduro is doing now. I know Venezuela's limitations. I lived there as well. My family still have friends in the SAME city that is NOW being assaulted with army planes and tanks. In short I don't like authoritharian governments whatever their colours and the ways they use to legitimize themselves. Nothing in the world would convince me that using the army to topple political dissent is ethical. And in the same way I despise Pinochet for what he made to my family and my friends I despise Maduro and other authoritharian Latin American regimes for what they do to those that think differently. That said, there are MANY differences between Chile 1973 and Venezuela 2014 and those that make an analogy between Allende and Maduro not only don' know both countries but also dishonor Allende's legacy as a leader that defended democratic means all the way through however many pushed him in a different direction (Castro included).

Enviado desde mi iPhone